Important info about NSW State Championships:
Who can attend the competition with the skater?
- This competition will be a non-spectator event.
- Spectators are limited to two parents/carers per skater for minors and one chaperone per skater for adult competitors where practical. This requirement is to best ensure that numbers at the rink remain COVID compliant in accordance with Hunter Ice Skating Stadium and NSWISA’s COVID Safety Plan. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
For those unable to attend the rink, NSWISA will be live streaming the event. The link to the livestream can be found here.
All skaters are requested to come to the rink with:
- Attire, hair and make-up done.
- A towel/blanket to sit on whilst using benches/chairs to put on and take off skates
- Their own, labelled water bottle and snacks.
All synchronized skaters should identify themselves with photo ID. This could be in the form of Passport, Licence and for Students, student ID. This is a benchmark event and as such, proper identification checks need to be made.
Synchro Teams should move to their allocated dressing room and exit this room in a timely manner following their performance so it can be prepared for the next team. Synchro Teams and their managers should be mindful of the noise coming from their dressing rooms as the rooms are now behind the official’s panel.
Entering the Rink
Where the schedule allows, skaters and accompanying chaperones may enter the rink no earlier than 1 hour prior to the skaters’ scheduled event. For competition times, please view NSWISA “live results” tab for the most up-to-date competition schedule.
Every entrant to the rink will be required to “sign-in” with the rink’s Covid marshal for contact tracing purposes. An entry fee will not be charged. The temperatures of every person entering the rink will be taken immediately outside the rink, prior to registration.
All entrants to the rink must use the hand sanitiser dispenser, or their own hand sanitiser, in the foyer, prior to moving to the main rink area.
All accompanying chaperones are kindly requested to remain seated in the designated seating area during the event, where possible. This request includes remaining seated while skaters warm-up off-ice.
It is strongly recommended that attendees wear masks.
Below is a map of the rink.
Post-event Procedures and Exiting the Rink
After each skater has competed, they may return to their accompanying chaperones, to take off their skates, and wait until the announcer indicates which skating divisions can proceed to the presentation area or leave.
All skaters in each division should remain until the results have been signed off by the Referee & TC. Medal presentations will be conducted as soon as practicable after every event. All skaters, and their accompanying chaperones, are kindly requested to collect their personal belongings and exit their designated seating area and the rink in a timely manner after the presentation for their division has occurred. Please do not loiter and chat to other skaters, coaches or chaperones, or watch the other divisions. This will assist on-going cleaning measures being undertaken throughout the competition.
At all times competition attendees are kindly requested to observe:
- Observe physical distancing measures – at least 1.5m between you!
- Avoid highly trafficked areas.
- Do not hug or shake hands when greeting others.
- Please do not loiter.
- Observe hygiene measures (eg: regularly wash hands for at least 20 seconds and dry hands correctly or use sanitiser, when coming off the ice or moving around or exiting the rink; do not touch your face; cough into an elbow or tissue and dispose of the tissue hygienically).
- Rink staff and volunteers will monitor all attendees throughout the event. If they reasonably believe that any individual is not adhering to the COVID-19 safety measures that have been put in place, or that an individual is showing symptoms of COVID-19 illness, or could have or has been exposed to COVID-19, that individual (and whoever is accompanying the individual) will be asked to leave.
- Please avoid carpooling where possible
- Avoid chanting/cheering (only clapping)
- When taking photos please maintain physical distancing
- Consider downloading the COVID safe app.
Entry will not be permitted if you have:
- Been diagnosed with COVID-19 or in close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Been tested for COVID-19 and currently awaiting the results
- Travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- Visited Victoria in the 14 days prior to the event
- Visited a location in NSW at a time and date that requires them to self-isolate (see https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- Show any COVID-19 symptoms including mild symptoms such as
- Runny nose
- Sore or scratchy throat
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
Enjoy the skating and good luck!