We have our 2021 online membership application live and ready to go.
For 2021 HISC will be introducing fluro vests when running a program. Included in your membership renewal is a vest in the size requested.
If you would like additional vests they can be purchased via our website soon – http://www.hisc.com.au
Please remember you can use your active kids voucher for your new 2021 membership.
Important info about NSW State Championships:
Who can attend the competition with the skater?
- This competition will be a non-spectator event.
- Spectators are limited to two parents/carers per skater for minors and one chaperone per skater for adult competitors where practical. This requirement is to best ensure that numbers at the rink remain COVID compliant in accordance with Hunter Ice Skating Stadium and NSWISA’s COVID Safety Plan. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
For those unable to attend the rink, NSWISA will be live streaming the event. The link to the livestream can be found here.
All skaters are requested to come to the rink with:
- Attire, hair and make-up done.
- A towel/blanket to sit on whilst using benches/chairs to put on and take off skates
- Their own, labelled water bottle and snacks.
All synchronized skaters should identify themselves with photo ID. This could be in the form of Passport, Licence and for Students, student ID. This is a benchmark event and as such, proper identification checks need to be made.
Synchro Teams should move to their allocated dressing room and exit this room in a timely manner following their performance so it can be prepared for the next team. Synchro Teams and their managers should be mindful of the noise coming from their dressing rooms as the rooms are now behind the official’s panel.
Entering the Rink
Where the schedule allows, skaters and accompanying chaperones may enter the rink no earlier than 1 hour prior to the skaters’ scheduled event. For competition times, please view NSWISA “live results” tab for the most up-to-date competition schedule.
Every entrant to the rink will be required to “sign-in” with the rink’s Covid marshal for contact tracing purposes. An entry fee will not be charged. The temperatures of every person entering the rink will be taken immediately outside the rink, prior to registration.
All entrants to the rink must use the hand sanitiser dispenser, or their own hand sanitiser, in the foyer, prior to moving to the main rink area.
All accompanying chaperones are kindly requested to remain seated in the designated seating area during the event, where possible. This request includes remaining seated while skaters warm-up off-ice.
It is strongly recommended that attendees wear masks.
Below is a map of the rink.
Post-event Procedures and Exiting the Rink
After each skater has competed, they may return to their accompanying chaperones, to take off their skates, and wait until the announcer indicates which skating divisions can proceed to the presentation area or leave.
All skaters in each division should remain until the results have been signed off by the Referee & TC. Medal presentations will be conducted as soon as practicable after every event. All skaters, and their accompanying chaperones, are kindly requested to collect their personal belongings and exit their designated seating area and the rink in a timely manner after the presentation for their division has occurred. Please do not loiter and chat to other skaters, coaches or chaperones, or watch the other divisions. This will assist on-going cleaning measures being undertaken throughout the competition.
At all times competition attendees are kindly requested to observe:
- Observe physical distancing measures – at least 1.5m between you!
- Avoid highly trafficked areas.
- Do not hug or shake hands when greeting others.
- Please do not loiter.
- Observe hygiene measures (eg: regularly wash hands for at least 20 seconds and dry hands correctly or use sanitiser, when coming off the ice or moving around or exiting the rink; do not touch your face; cough into an elbow or tissue and dispose of the tissue hygienically).
- Rink staff and volunteers will monitor all attendees throughout the event. If they reasonably believe that any individual is not adhering to the COVID-19 safety measures that have been put in place, or that an individual is showing symptoms of COVID-19 illness, or could have or has been exposed to COVID-19, that individual (and whoever is accompanying the individual) will be asked to leave.
- Please avoid carpooling where possible
- Avoid chanting/cheering (only clapping)
- When taking photos please maintain physical distancing
- Consider downloading the COVID safe app.
Entry will not be permitted if you have:
- Been diagnosed with COVID-19 or in close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Been tested for COVID-19 and currently awaiting the results
- Travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- Visited Victoria in the 14 days prior to the event
- Visited a location in NSW at a time and date that requires them to self-isolate (see https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- Show any COVID-19 symptoms including mild symptoms such as
- Runny nose
- Sore or scratchy throat
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
Enjoy the skating and good luck!
The 2020 HISC Constitution is now available for your vote. The club has had the services of Ian Fullager from Lex Sportiva in reviewing the document.
It has already been voted on and passed by the club Executive and is ready for our membership vote.
This is a Yes or No vote only. Members are unable to make suggestions or changes to the documents. Members are voting to accept or decline the new constitution. Please note: A parent may not vote on behalf of their child as proxy votes are not eligible.
Votes must be received in writing to the Membership Secretary by 5pm Tuesday 29/9/20 (7 required days).
On closing of the votes have been received, the executive will meet to tally the votes. For the constitution to be accepted, 75% ‘Yes’ vote is required.
If the constitution is accepted it will be submitted to NSW Fair Trading.
The NSW State Championships will be held at Hunter Ice Skating Stadium, Warners Bay from 3-5/10/20.
For all up to date information including schedules, skate lists etc please refer to the NSWISA Website
We continue to monitor the Pandemic conditions and will update on any changes to the event or protocols.
Our COVID-19 Safety plan is in place and HISS follows all requirements in regard to the Government regulations for the Pandemic to ensure we run a safe event.
The draw took place at Canterbury Ice Rink on Tuesday 21st July 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Event Start time is now at 2.15pm
COVID-19 check in & temperature checks will take place at the main entry door to the rink. Please allow time for the additional check in requirements and registration and follow social distancing requirements.
Please refer to the Home page for all requirements for Hunter Ice Skating Stadium.
For additional information please see NSWISA
With restrictions easing, HISC is pleased to announce the hosting of the first competition with the return to skating. MJS Trophy will be held on 26/7/20. Be sure to get your entry in and get back on track with your competitive skating for 2020.
Entries Close: 3rd July 2020
For additional information please see NSWISA
Effective from midday on Monday 23rd of March, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium will be closed to the public, and all regular programs including our Learn to Play and Learn to Skate programs will be suspended indefinitely.
Thanks to everyone who has helped support us during this challenging period, and we look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.
Take care of each other, and stay safe and healthy!
The 2020 AGM was held on Saturday 22/2/2020 and it was great to see an amazing turn out of approximately 50 people who came to select our new Committee.
Thank you to any outgoing committee members for all their efforts and support in 2019. Welcome to the ongoing and new committee members for 2020, we look forward to a great year for Team Hunter!